The Web Designer / Front-End Developer will combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include the creation of web design layouts and the translation of the UI/UX design wireframes and mockups to actual code that will produce visual elements of websites and applications. The Front-End Web Developer will bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the website/application looks as well as how it works.
The Web Designer / Front-End Developer will work to balance marketing goals, client requests, performance considerations and usability into their finished products.
The ideal candidate can become the guiding force in Design within our project team. This requires a design eye and communication skills to ensure quality assurance across all client deliverables and working with the staff to ensure a high standard of design output across all departments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rationalize solutions with the project team and clients. Proactively work with customers to create website designs and/or enhancements and modifications using Adobe Photoshop based on client’s goals and objectives, ensuring consistency of images, speed and ease of access.
- Ensure that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design (responsive web design).
- Analyze customer’s target market and audience to discover ideas for designing their website. Assess new standards, technologies and trends, and formulate strategies and plans for future enhancement of websites.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all software used for plan maintenance and keep abreast of current and emerging web technologies and products through continuing education, reading, and practice.
- Develop a high level of technical expertise including, but not limited to, new coding techniques and front-end development practices.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years progressive, hands-on experience in website development
- Up-to-date portfolio demonstrating mastery, creativity and diversity
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Strong ability in responsive web design and proper front-end development practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to evaluate new and evolving website technologies
Preferred Candidate Skills:
- Knowledge in source code management tools, such as Mercurial and/or Git
- Ability to structure code to make maintenance easier in the future
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies including, but not limited to, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, and ASP.NET (Core) MVC Razor templating